Do you have some leftover meat from dinner last night, and you are thinking about how to reuse it? Did you make too much meat the previous night? And now you have the leftovers in the back of the refrigerator? We all agree that reusing meat leftovers is not an easy task. You cannot make any dish from the meat leftovers. Making meals of fresh meat from butcher meat displays is not hectic work, but the problem arises when you have to reuse the meat leftovers.
One of the best ways to reuse leftovers is by consuming them in the morning. Most of us do not have any time in the morning to cook breakfast. We all want something we can make quickly and easily. Many people eat store-bought breakfast. These types of breakfasts contain sugar and artificial flavors. It is always better to opt for homemade breakfasts. Homemade food is always healthy and contains many nutrients.
You can make many dishes using leftover meals. There is nothing better than a delicious beef burrito. Today we are sharing the recipe for Carne Asada Breakfast Burrito. This burrito is not like the ordinary one. It is the new version of the old burritos. This burrito can make you feel full for a long time. It is full of nutrients and vitamins. You can also vary the recipe ingredients according to your taste. Below we have mentioned a recipe to make the perfect Carne Asada Breakfast Burrito.
- Recipe Name: Carne Asada Breakfast Burrito
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Two pounds of leftover beef skirt steak (thin strips)
- One tablespoon garlic powder
- Two tablespoons of carne asada seasoning
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
Half sweet onion (diced)
- One jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
- One bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 15 ounces of canned tomatoes
- Two cups of cooked potatoes (diced)
- Three tablespoons of butter
- Six eggs (whisked)
- Four flour tortillas
- Two cups of Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- Take the leftover beef slices and place them into a bowl. Sprinkle the leftovers with garlic powder and carne asada seasoning.
- Mix the ingredients by tossing them into the bowl. Now let it sit on the shelf for five minutes.
- Now take a deep skillet and place it over medium heat. Now add some oil to it.
- Add the beef strips and cook for about two minutes. Make sure you do not overcook them. The leftovers do not need a long time to get ready.
- Now add the onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño. Cook for a few minutes and then add potatoes and tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and mix it. Now transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add some butter to the bowl. Melt the butter.
- Now add the eggs and scramble them. Now add the beef mixture back to the skillet.
- Cook for about two minutes.
- Place some butter on a plate and melt it.
- Gather all ingredients.
- It is time to prepare the burrito.
- Place all four tortillas and divide the cheese. Now put it on each tortilla.
- Now divide and add beef mixture to each tortilla.
- Fold the sides of the tortillas and then roll them up.
- Apply the melted butter on the tortillas. Place the tortillas on a pan and cook them until they get brown. Make sure you do not burn the tortillas.
- Now cut the burrito in half and serve.
Per 4 Serving
- Calories: 1163 kcal
- Protein: 64.7 g
- Carbs: 83 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Fat: 63.2 g
- Cholesterol: 437 mg
- Iron: 9 mg
- You can also add beans to the recipe for a traditional version.
- You can also use any leftover meat.
- You can add other seasonings if you like.
- You should choose fresh tomatoes if you have any.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings