This is not your average popcorn with cheese powder dish! Check it out. This is a GREAT football dish for when you are having friends over or you just want to WOW the family!
This will make 12 cups of popcorn.
Ingredients for Homemade Tex-Mex Cheese Popcorn
Note: DON’T USE MICROWAVE POPCORN OR PRE-POPPED POPCORN THAT HAS BUTTER AND SALT. GET PLAIN!
12 cups of POPCORN. (about 3/8 of a cup of kernels in a popper or 1 standard popcorn bag – read the bags to determine how much they make
- 1/2 cup of MARGARINE
- 2 teaspoons of CHILI POWDER
- 1 teaspoon of CUMIN,GROUND
- 1 teaspoon full of GARLIC POWDER
- 3 ounces of CHEESE, (MONTEREY PEPPER JACK but you can use cheddar if you prefer).
Instructions for making the Homemade Tex-Mex Cheese Popcorn!
- In a saucepan or frying pan Heat the margarine on low till it melts
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and garlic to the butter
- Leave the butter on very low while you pop the popcorn (you want the butter to remain melted thats all).
- Immediately place the popcorn in a large bowl
- Drizzle the heated butter and spices over the popcorn while shaking or stirring the bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the hot popcorn; toss.
You can serve this warm or cold.
1 cup of this delicious treat is only 73 calories and 6 grams of carbs! So Cheese Popcorn is a low fat, HEALTHY SNACK!!
You can click on this link to go to our main web page to get more great popcorn recipes like this pair of Homemade Cheese Popcorn Recipes!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings