As the world is coming towards digitalization, data becomes one of the most important elements globally. To store and protect data, businesses are coming towards setting up a system that can help manage and store their data. Every business, when taking a startup, requires some basic technological components to streamline their process. But as the business grows and takes on more employees, the time will come when the business requires a business server network.
This is where many small businesses connect with dedicated server hosting in Pakistan, Canada, UAE, and worldwide. However, before connecting with a hosting provider, setting up a small business server network is crucial. But with a seemingly endless array of choices, it becomes confusing to make important decisions. You might be wondering where to start or how to start. But luckily, this article comes up with an effective guide to enable you to set up a small business server network. So let’s explore.
What is Server & Why You Need One?
Before going towards the main topic, it is important to know about the servers and their type. The server is a powerful computer that is used to serve & share information within your connected users, customers, employees, and other computers. It enables your employees to connect and use the same documents, software while using a different computer. However, when it comes to setting up a small business server network, it could be difficult to choose the right business server.
When choosing the business server for your small business, it is important to know what you need your server to do? Often, small businesses want a server that can help their business grow while not paying for the resources they are not using. Most commonly, businesses use servers for
- Data Backup & Recovery
- Ecommerce Hosting
- Document Storage
- Secure Email Hosting
- Website Hosting
- Hosting line-of-business applications
The proxy servers can be a perfect fit for businesses of any type. They can help you protect your IP address from public view and ensure an extra security layer.
Choose The Perfect Business Server
When it comes to choosing the perfect severs, it becomes difficult to select anyone. There are different kinds of servers with pros and cons, and every business needs as per their requirement. The top business servers are as follows
- Cloud Servers: This is one of the most preferred choices due to its less power consumption, low & cost. It also benefits from the redundant power supply, ensuring that your network never faces any downtime issues.
- On-premise Servers: It comes with a higher upfront cost, but work out cheaper in the long run due to the not paying recurring monthly fees.
- Dedicated Servers: This is another type of server that is suitable for businesses that require privacy with fast connectivity.
Setting Up Small Business Server Network
Once you select the type of server as per your business needs, the next part is setting up a small business server network. Setting up server varies according to the type of server, but the common steps you can follow are
- Prepare: The first step is to prepare for server setup by documenting your networks, including hostname, serial number, IP address, and locations. Ensure that the hardware and software specification of your server compatible with your operating system.
- Install Server: Some servers come up with a pre-install operating system that you can connect directly to your network and start configurations. However, if this is not the case, insert installation media, and follow instructions. You will be able to set up an operating system effectively.
- Configuration: You may need an external hard drive for setting up server backup. Setup remote access to the server and enable the domain controller to allow the server to authenticate user credentials.
Last Step: Now, you need to add a local domain account to the PC or Mac and connect with the server. Upload and organize data you want to have on your PC.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings