As per the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), you need to follow a few rules while cooking the frozen chicken breasts. First of all, the cooking of frozen chicken breasts requires more time than that of fresh or thawed chicken breast. If a recipe mentions 15 minutes cooking time for fresh or thawed chicken, frozen will need double time i.e. 30 minutes. Moreover, this strategy is only useful when you’re cooking separately frozen chicken breasts. So, this rule applies to the frozen chicken which can be spread out in an even layer rather than a big lump.
Moreover, utilize a thermometer to ensure the cooking temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Besides, to cook the frozen chicken breasts at home, baking is said to be the quickest and most dependable technique. When the high temperature of the oven is combined with placing the frozen chicken breasts in single layers, it rapidly cooks the chicken. So, take your frozen chicken breasts from the refrigerated frozen storage and cook them using the below given 20 minutes recipe.
The frozen chicken breasts cooked using this method taste very delicious. So, try it out and enjoy your chicken breasts within just 20 minutes.
- Parmesan cheese (finely grated) – Around one ounce
- Dry breadcrumbs – 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Frozen chicken breasts (Individually frozen) – Six (around 1.5 pounds)
- Set a rack at the center of the baking oven and let it preheat at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now prepare your baking dish by lining it with a parchment paper and then with a good quality aluminium foil.
- Add garlic powder, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix these ingredients uniformly using a fork.
- Then coat the frozen chicken breasts in this mixture of crumbs, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Before final coating with crumb mixture, properly coat the chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Then spread the mixture over the top of the breasts, slightly pat, and then press to ensure the coating is done properly.
- Keep in mind that the crumbs coating must not fall down when you lift the chicken breasts up of the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let the frozen chicken breast roast for 20 – 25 minutes.
- If the chicken breasts are very thick, it will take more time. The cooking time will vary depending upon the thickness and size of frozen chicken breasts.
- So, you must begin checking the chicken breasts whether they’re ready or not after around 20 minutes.
- To check them if they’re ready, use a probe thermometer and insert it into the thickest part of the chicken breast. It is recommended to insert from the side instead of from the top.
- Make certain to test all the chicken breasts before removing them from the oven. The thickest part of the chicken breasts must have an inner temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When they are ready, let the chicken breasts cool for around 5 minutes at room temperature, then slice, serve, and enjoy.